Hannah Morris, photographer, specialising in weddings, trash the dress shoots and fun family portraits, based on the Isle of Mull via Oban
More information on engagement and pre wedding portrait shoots.
When couples are choosing their wedding photographers, chances are they’re focusing on the big day itself plus the role the photographer will play. The pre wedding photo shoot can sometimes be overlooked, and many couples don’t realize such a thing exists. This is a short explanation of what a pre wedding photo shoot is like and why it’s best to consider having one, along with a couple of tips how to make the most of your shoot.
What is a pre wedding photo shoot?
A pre wedding photo shoot is a chance for both the couple and their wedding photographer to get together before the big day, usually at a venue of the couples choice, and to have some portrait images taken. Photographers will expect the couple to pay extra for their time and for any digital images and prints they want.
What is the purpose of a pre wedding photo shoot?
There are many reasons to book a photo shoot in the run up to the wedding, here are a few of them:
• You have the opportunity to get to know your photographer so you feel more comfortable spending a portion of your wedding day with them.
• You can convey to your photographer your likes and dislikes and they can get a better idea of how you work with the camera, and find out how subtle or intrusive they should be on your big day.
• You can experience your photographer in action to confirm you have made the right choice before your wedding day.
• You can end up with some beautiful and natural images taken of you and your fiancée looking and acting like yourselves rather than like a bride and groom. Your pre wedding photos can be taken wherever you choose such as your home, a park, or the beach.
Pre wedding photo shoot tips
Here are three tips on getting the most from the pre wedding photo shoot:
1.Hannah will be able to schedule the shoot to suit you depending on your available time.
2. The images can then be used on your invitations, your guest book, as a slide show at your reception, or as a large canvas print for your guests to sign. Please read the photography agreement regarding the usage of images.
3. It would be good if you can have your pre wedding shoot at your wedding venue which can thematically link the images to your wedding and you can seek out perfect photo locations and get to know the venue